Our sense of responsibility towards the natural and social environment drives the company to provide for and take substantial environmental measures, ensuring a gradually reduction in its environmental footprint.
The company's concern for the environment translates into actions such as:
- Actions for the care and restoration of the environment.
- Ensuring the restoration and promotion of old and inactive quarry areas (Aloula).
- Restoring the exhausted sections of the quarries it exploits.
- Planting and reforestation of the neighbouring burnt areas. It ensures the complete recycling of all consumables and raw materials used in the production activity.
- Carrying out measurements of environmental factors (dust, noise, water quality, etc.) and taking the necessary measures to improve its performance.
- Carrying out underground mining operations in order to reduce both the visual pollution and the soil surface deterioration.
- It is an independent Civil Protection Foundation and participates with its own resources and staff in the prevention and suppression of major disasters (fires, snowploughs, etc.).
- It measures water consumption and makes sure to recycle almost all the water it manages in its facilities.